Effective date: December 5th, 2019
GDPR (General Data Protection Regulation) is an important European directive aimed at consolidating and unifying data protection laws for all people in the European Union. The Regulation will enter into force and will apply from May 25, 2018.
GDPR regulates the processing of personal data about people in the European Union, including their collection, storage, transfer or use. It is important that within GDPR, the concept of "personal data" is very comprehensive and covers any information about the identified or identifiable person (also referred to as "the data subject") such as name, surname, e-mail address, date of birth or telephone number.
GDPR norms give data subjects rights and control over data by regulating how companies should manage and store personal data they collect.
Personal Data are collected for the following purposes and using the following services:
Owner and Data Controller
Tei Software Studios SRL
Owner contact email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Type of Data collected
Among the types of Personal Data that this Application collects, by itself or through third parties, there are: email address, general activity data, Usage Data, unique device identifiers for advertising (Google Advertiser ID or IDFA, for example), geographic position and Cookies.
Personal Data may be freely provided by the User, or, in case of Usage Data, collected automatically when using this Application.
Unless specified otherwise, all Data requested by this Application is mandatory and failure to provide this Data may make it impossible for this Application to provide its services. In cases where this Application specifically states that some Data is not mandatory, Users are free not to communicate this Data without consequences to the availability or the functioning of the Service.
Users who are uncertain about which Personal Data is mandatory are welcome to contact the Owner.
Users are responsible for any third-party Personal Data obtained, published or shared through this Application and confirm that they have the third party's consent to provide the Data to the Owner.
The data we store on our servers is provided by the users and can contain:
Name and first name
Any other information provided by the user like but not limited to upcoming events saved in the app calendar.
Personal Data shall be processed and stored for as long as required by the purpose they have been collected for.
- Personal Data collected for purposes related to the performance of a contract between the Owner and the User shall be retained until such contract has been fully performed.
- Personal Data collected for the purposes of the Owner’s legitimate interests shall be retained as long as needed to fulfill such purposes. Users may find specific information regarding the legitimate interests pursued by the Owner within the relevant sections of this document or by contacting the Owner.
The Owner may be allowed to retain Personal Data for a longer period whenever the User has given consent to such processing, as long as such consent is not withdrawn. Furthermore, the Owner may be obliged to retain Personal Data for a longer period whenever required to do so for the performance of a legal obligation or upon order of an authority.
Once the retention period expires, Personal Data shall be deleted. Therefore, the right to access, the right to erasure, the right to rectification and the right to data portability cannot be enforced after expiration of the retention period.
We use the information that the user provides to us, and the information that is collected automatically, to provide users with relevant content, important information and notifications, and required notices that are essential to providing good user experience.
We collect only basic information about the activity on our Applications such as:
Authentication data (email address) from the user, time and date when the user logged in and various information that help us provide the service.
Log Data are vital for Application troubleshooting and analysis.
All information about users Authentication are private.
Information we collect automatically
We collect some information automatically as the result of your use of the Application/Website.
The information we collect includes, but is not limited to:
-The Internet Protocol (IP)
-Specific actions that you take on the Platform
-Any search terms
-Time, frequency and duration of your visits on Application
-Your Operating System
What are cookies?
Cookies are used to make user experience more pleasant.
Cookies are files with small amount of data, which may include an anonymous unique identifier. The files are sent to you from a website/Application and stored on your device.
These text files can be read by Websites/Apps and help to identify you when you return to their services.
Cookies help us understand how people use our Services so we can improve them.
The Owner takes appropriate security measures to prevent unauthorized access, disclosure, modification, or unauthorized destruction of the Data.
All data and information transmitted with Service is secured by SSL protocol.
Our databases are hosted on servers across the European Union and stored data is under EU jurisdiction and regulation.
The purposes of processing
The Data concerning the User is collected to allow the Owner to provide its Services, as well as for the following purposes: Contacting the User, Handling activity data, Analytics and Infrastructure monitoring.
Users can find further detailed information about such purposes of processing and about the specific Personal Data used for each purpose in the respective sections of this document.
Contacting the User
By registering on the mailing list, the User’s email address will be added to the contact list of those who may receive email messages containing information of commercial nature concerning this Application. Your email address might be added to this list after signing up to this Application.
Handling activity data
This services allows the Owner to use the activity data collected by your device in order for this Application to operate or to provide specific features.
This service enables the Owner to monitor and analyze web traffic/App traffic and can be used to track User behavior.
- Usage data and various types of tracking data that help us understand how users interact with our services.
This service allows the Application to monitor the use and behavior with your device so performance, operation, maintenance and troubleshooting can be improved.
The rights of Users
Users may exercise certain rights regarding their Data processed by the Owner.
In particular, Users have the right to do the following:
- Withdraw their consent at any time. Users have the right to withdraw consent where they have previously given their consent to the processing of their Personal Data.
- Object to processing of their Data. Users have the right to object to the processing of their Data if the processing is carried out on a legal basis other than consent. Further details are provided in the dedicated section below.
- Access their Data. Users have the right to learn if Data is being processed by the Owner, obtain disclosure regarding certain aspects of the processing and obtain a copy of the Data undergoing processing.
- Verify and seek rectification. Users have the right to verify the accuracy of their Data and ask for it to be updated or corrected.
- Restrict the processing of their Data. Users have the right, under certain circumstances, to restrict the processing of their Data. In this case, the Owner will not process their Data for any purpose other than storing it.
- Have their Personal Data deleted or otherwise removed. Users have the right, under certain circumstances, to obtain the erasure of their Data from the Owner.
- Receive their Data and have it transferred to another controller. Users have the right to receive their Data in a structured, commonly used and machine readable format and, if technically feasible, to have it transmitted to another controller without any hindrance. This provision is applicable provided that the Data is processed by automated means and that the processing is based on the User's consent, on a contract which the User is part of or on pre-contractual obligations thereof.
- Lodge a complaint. Users have the right to bring a claim before their competent data protection authority.
Details about the right to object to processing
Where Personal Data is processed for a public interest, in the exercise of an official authority vested in the Owner or for the purposes of the legitimate interests pursued by the Owner, Users may object to such processing by providing a ground related to their particular situation to justify the objection.
Users must know that, however, should their Personal Data be processed for direct marketing purposes, they can object to that processing at any time without providing any justification. To learn, whether the Owner is processing Personal Data for direct marketing purposes, Users may refer to the relevant sections of this document.
How to exercise these rights
Any requests to exercise User rights can be directed to the Owner through the contact details provided in this document. These requests can be exercised free of charge and will be addressed by the Owner as early as possible and always within one month.
The User's Personal Data may be used for legal purposes by the Owner in Court or in the stages leading to possible legal action arising from improper use of this Application or the related Services.
The User declares to be aware that the Owner may be required to reveal personal data upon request of public authorities.
Should the changes affect processing activities performed on the basis of the User’s consent, the Owner shall collect new consent from the User, where required.